Skip to content
LOBSTER POT PIE RECIPE
- Puff pastry
- 1 stick of butter
- 1-2 strips of bacon, diced
- ½ cup fennel, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup carrot, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. white pepper
- ¼ tsp. Paprika
- 1 cup clam juice
- 2 cups cream
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat 8-10” cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add bacon to cast iron and cook until crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Remove bacon and bacon fat from pan and reduce heat to medium low.
- Wait for pan to cool down slightly and add 1 stick of butter.
- Once butter is melted, increase heat to medium, add diced onion and fennel. Cook til soft, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add celery, cook all together for 4 minutes.
- Add carrots and garlic, stir continuously for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, salt, white pepper, and paprika, stir until rue starts to come together.
- Add clam juice, cream, and white wine, stir to fully combine. Make sure there are no more lumps from flour, bring to a simmer, remove from heat.
- Add lobster meat, cooked bacon, and frozen peas, salt to taste.
- Lay puff pastry over top of cast iron and cut four slits in center of pie to vent.
- Cook for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting and enjoying!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.