Skip to content
Jed Miller’s Favorite Lobster Stew
3 gallons whole milk2 quarts heavy cream2 pints light cream butter (liberal amountFresh ground black pepper
- Cook whole lobsters and pick meat out, straining and setting aside juice from lobsters as you pick them. If using read to eat lobster meat, skip this step
- Sauté lobster meat and juice in butter, cooking it down.
- Add fresh ground pepper.
- Once cooked down, let meat cool all the way, then add cream and milk.
- You can warm again, being careful not to overheat and curdle the milk.
- Let cool and then stand overnight in refrigerator or cool place.
- Reheat slowly, stirring so as not to curdle the milk, and do not allow to come to a boil.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.