Skip to content
- 1 28oz can plum tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup oil-cured black olives, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 anchovy fillets, smashed into a paste
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Drain tomatoes, reserving 1/2 cup liquid, and chop them.
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook until aromatic, 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion, and cook, until transparent, about 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium high; add tomatoes, reserved liquid, olives, capers, and anchovies, and cook, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes. Let simmer while you prep the fish.
- Season both sides of halibut filets with salt and pepper. Add filets to simmering sauce, cover, and let cook for 3-5 minutes or until fish is fork tender.
- Stir in parsley. Spoon sauce over your preferred pasta and add filets on top.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.