Skip to content
Chili Jonah Crab Pasta With Mint
Adapted from Bon Appétit
- 8 oz linguine, spaghetti, or fettuccine
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1-2 jalepeños, or Thai chilies, sliced into rounds
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of starchy pasta water and drain the rest.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter and 1 Tbsp olive oil in a hot pan. Add shallots, and stir until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and chilies, and cook for another minute.
- Add 1 Tbsp lemon juice and about 2 Tbsp pasta water to the shallot mixture. Stir until the liquid evaporates.
- Add the al dente pasta to the pan and add the remaining pasta water. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook, tossing pasta until the liquid has evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- Add 3 Tbsp butter, 1 Tbsp oil, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp lemon zest, crab, half the mint, and more chilies if you'd like.
- Stir pasta until the butter melts and pasta is coated with a nice sheen. Plate the pasta in bowls, and add more lemon zest, mint, and finishing salt to taste.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.