Skip to content
Scallop Salad With Fennel and Prosciutto
Serves 4 as a meal, 8 as an appetizer
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white flour
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 5 ounces of mixed salad greens
- ¾ cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 blood orange, cut into ¼ inch slices, peel removed, and segments cut into individual triangles
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a 12 inch cast iron pan. Add the prosciutto and cook until crisp and lightly browned on the bottom.
- Flip and brown the second side, then remove from the pan to a paper towel and pat excess oil dry.
- Rinse the scallops with cold water and pat dry with a paper towel. Season the scallops with salt and pepper.
- Put flour in a shallow bowl and roll scallops in the flour to lightly coat.
- Add the remaining oil to the prosciutto renderings in the pan over medium heat.
- Cook the scallops in the oil until golden brown on both sides and opaque in the center, about three minutes per side. Remove scallops from the pan and place on a paper towel.
- Toss greens, fennel, and blood oranges in a salad bowl.
- Add lemon juice, zest, and thyme to the skillet and deglaze the pan by bringing juice to a boil and scraping any bits from the bottom.
- Remove from heat and pour the juice over the salad greens.
- Arrange scallops atop the salad and crumble the prosciutto over all.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.